Join the Finally Home Team
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Finally Home team! You will find our open positions posted below as they become available. We welcome your application, resume, and cover letter only when jobs are posted and submitted for a specific position. If you don’t see any opportunities posted, please check back.
If you have submitted your resume for an open position, you will receive a message to let you know that we got it and there is no need for further follow up. We are very thoughtful during this process and therefore, we ask for your patience as we process resumes.
To apply for a current FH opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant Writer – Part-Time (5 hrs/week)
The Grant Writer is primarily responsible for overseeing Finally Home’s grant funding. This person will persuasively communicate FH’s mission and programs to potential funders. Reporting to the Senior Marketing & Fundraising Manager, the Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain relationships with foundation representatives, conduct prospect research, and maintain a pipeline of submissions and reporting deadlines.
Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned as appropriate.)
- Work with staff to interpret guidelines and gather material and information necessary for a strong proposal
- Understand the Finally Home vision and mission and how that will translate to grant requests. Understanding of outcome based programs a plus.
- Write grant proposals as requested in time to meet deadlines, and submit materials
- Maintain grant spreadsheet with current information, timelines and dates required for reporting.
- Submit reports for grants with necessary data, requested information and statistics as needed in a timely and responsive manner.
- Research and propose new grants and community giving opportunities to apply for that fit within the Finally Home vision.
- Attend meetings with Finally Home staff and funders necessary to accomplish the required work.
- Communicate regularly with Finally Home staff to inform of grant progress and plans.
- Understand aspects of Finally Home financial structure as to what is needed for grant submission.
- Assist Event & Operations Manager with tasks including but not limited to
- Event coordination and timeline management
- Financial management of events
- Support all fundraising efforts and events
- Community partner agreements and reporting (i.e. Realities for Children)
The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information. Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form. A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants, and Northern Colorado nonprofit job experience a plus. Versed in Google, Excel, and Word platforms.
This work can be done remotely with the right fit.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Finally Home is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.